Monday, November 30, 2009

Super Cheap, Super Delicious and Egg, Dairy and Peanut Free



This is one of my favorite frugal desserts. I don't have a name for it, nor do I remember where I even got it. I am pretty sure that I got it from some frugal site a year or so ago, because it is printed from the computer. That is about all I can remember about it.

It is super easy and super cheap. Here are the ingredients.

1 sleeve of saltine crackers
1 bag of chocolate chips
1 stick of butter
1 cup brown sugar

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Take the saltines and lay them out flat on a cookie sheet. On the stove top melt the butter and brown sugar to a low boil. When all the sugar is melted and mixed well with the butter, pour it over the crackers and spread it evenly.

Bake on 350 for 5 minutes.




Take it out of the oven and immediately pour the bag of chocolate chips (or approx 2 cups) on top of the crackers. They will start to melt. As they melt, spread the chocolate around evenly. Once you are done spreading the chocolate chips, put it in the refrigerater until it cools or hardens.

When it has hardened, simply break it apart and eat! It is super yummy. You will probably have to make more than one batch though, one to eat and one to share! I cannnot keep my hands off this dessert.




I made this dessert last year and put it in cute little treat bags with a pretty ribbon and tag an gave it to the bus drivers. They loved it and it was a nice gesture. Showing I appreciate their care in getting my kids to and from school safely.

This post linked to Tasty Tuesday and Ultimate Recipe Swap.

3 comments:

  1. How interesting! And looks very easy! Thanks for sharing.

    Hope to see you December 14-18 for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash! We'll have events all week, including a recipe linky on Thursday, Dec. 17. And we'll have prizes too! Check out my blog for more details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a similar recipe that we're going to try this week. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete