Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our Yard Work

We have been super busy at our house. Trying to knock out as many projects as we can. Our long term goal being that of moving in the next year or so. Our short term goal is to get the yard in order and looking nice so that we can have a couple of pool parties this summer.


We have been busy planting new bushes like the swirly one above. There was an ugly bush there, it died. I didn't kill it on purpose, promise.


We have been busy mulching and planting new things, like the little knockout rose bush above. We bought the dye enhanced mulch this year. I am anxious to see if it fades or stays true to color like the bag said.



My husband put up our new house lights. Don't they look beautiful? I love them, they make the house so nice during the day. At night, the glow they emit just bounces off the brick. Very pretty.




Last but not least. We transplanted two large bushes. They got over six feet, much larger than we anticipated. And when I say we transplanted, I mean my husband did all the labor while I graciously offered suggestions on how to get them out easier. We replaced them with two boxwoods and the lilies above. The light post will be repainted to match the new light. This is the only light my husband has not replaced yet.

I jokingly told my husband that we are going to make so many changes to our house that it is going to look so nice and we won't want to leave! He didn't think that was very funny.

1 comment:

  1. Your yard looks great. I also like the new look of the blog.

    ReplyDelete