Monday, June 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday, Week of June 27

So, this week we finally have nothing. Don’t you just love how that sounds?


Nothing.

And I plan on spending that time swimming, crossing off some items on my to-do list, and reading. And I plan on doing every bit of it with the kids. I love days where I can spend time just hanging with my kids.

This is what we have planned this week:

Breakfasts: simply sweet corn muffins, egg-free and dairy-free pancakes (I will share the recipe soon!), cold cereal and fruit

Lunches: leftovers, Spanish rice and watermelon, packed lunch at the zoo!

Dinners: grilled pork loin with roasted potatoes, spaghetti with homemade garlic bread, chicken stir-fry, (the rest will come from the meat I find at the store tonight, I am out of almost all my meat!)

Funny story: do you ever have recipes memorized so that you never actually get out the recipe? Well Sunday morning I made homemade French bread so that I could make garlic bread. However, when I got them out of the oven, they were brown, dried and deflated. I couldn’t figure out what I had done. Later on, I decided to try again, since I let my Kitchen-Aide mixer do all the work, it is no big deal. So I got out my recipe to make sure I made it correctly. I noticed the problem immediately. I was supposed to bake it for 25-30 minutes, not the 60 minutes that I baked it for! So that went in the trash, you could have used them as baseball bats!

This post is linked to Menu Plan Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment