Sunday, January 3, 2010

Where Have I Been?

mSome of you may have noticed a lack of postings these last few days. I apologize for that. I am going through a bit of a rough patch and quite honestly, it is driving me crazy.

I woke up last Wednesday with what felt like sciatic nerve pain. It was just like when I was pregnant and the baby was somehow pressing on the nerve.

As the day wore on, it slowly got a little better, I was sore, but it was okay with ibuprofen.

The next day, Thursday I woke up with a horrible pain in my leg muscle, right below my buttox. When I moved certain ways it felt like the most painful charlie horse I have ever had. I could not get relief, other than staying very still and waiting for it to pass. Again, I went through the day with iboprofen.

That night everytime I would move I was very quickly brought awake with a horrible charlie horse. Friday morning I could not get out of bed, I was in such pain, I was in tears. My husband took care of the kiddos for me while I tried to lay on a heating pad and relax a little. But again, everytime I would move my leg slightly, I would get a horrible charlie horse again. After hearing my crying and I'll be honest, I threw some screaming and very silent bad words in there, he called my mom to come watch the kids so he could drive me to the emergency room.

There they told me I had sciatic nerve problems and gave me a shot of steriods and pain medication. I was given a prescription for vicodin and told to take 3-4 ibuprofen at a time. The pain meds knocked me out and I woke up about 5 hours later. I was sore, but was feeling okay. I was hopeful that within a few days all would be normal.

It is now Sunday morning, I am up writing this as it is too painful to try and sleep. All night long, I will wake up in horrible pain and finally I can't take it anymore and get out of bed. For the first few hours of the day, I cannot sit or lay for that matter. Right now I am typing this standing up at my kitchen counter.

I am waiting a few hours and then putting in a call to my general practioner. I honestly cannot take much more of this.

Here are a few other things that have changed in the last few weeks:

I started to drink coffee. Connected? who knows.

I am itchy. I noticed yesterday that I have been unusually itchy. Yes, I know it is winter, but I put head to toe lotion on every day.

I did get a new exercise ball and small weights for Christmas, but have not used those since last Tuesday.

I started to go to a chiropractor a couple of weeks ago. I was feeling great, but with the holidays, he has not been in since a couple days before Christmas.

As long as I stay in motion during the day, it gets better. I start to feel a little better and the constant muscle pain goes away. But as soon as I sit or go to sleep, the charlie horses return.

I take a vitamin everday, have tried to stay hydrated and eating bananas, but none of this is helping.

I will keep you posted. And if anyone out there has any idea what this might be, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenny, I think you need to get in and see the Chiropractor asap. I hope you feel better soon. I know it is no fun feeling so hopeless but you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of anything or anyone else.