Monday, January 11, 2010

Menu Plan, Week of January 10



What a week we had last week, two snow days and the problems with my back. We had easy meals and sandwiches more than I could count. We did not follow the meal plan at all! Oh well, that happens some time.

This week we have Brownies, basketball practice and choir practice, so not a bad week really.

Sunday we had whatever for breakfast, everyone woke up at different times on Sunday, due to a sick baby and an old dog that is going crazy. Poor things. So this week you will see many of the same things that I have been posting for the last couple of weeks, because we have had to shift some things around.

But now that I am back to feeling mostly like myself, I am back to cooking more normally!

So back to Sunday, lunch was haystacks with black beans and ground turkey mixed together, salsa, lettuce, refried beans and cheese. Dinner was Cincinnati style chili.

Breakfasts for the week: pumpkin bread (2 loaves), lazy granola, cold cereal and cinnamon rolls.

Lunches for the week: leftovers, sandwiches, buttered noodles, tuna and crackers.

Dinners for the week: taco baked potatoes with broccoli, turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy and honey wheat bread, spaghetti and bread sticks, sourkraut with polish sausage and mashed potatoes.

Wow, this winter weather really makes me want to load up on carbs!

All of these are from items I already had in my freezer or pantry, since I am taking the Eat From the Pantry challenge this month. I do have to go to the store this week for mill and produce. But hopefully that will be it!

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment