Saturday, January 16, 2010

January 10 Kroger Trip

I went to Kroger to take advantage of the 10 for $10 deals they had going this week. While I still am doing the "Eat from the Pantry" challenge, I could not pass up some of the deals.

I apologize for not taking a photo but I got home around 10:30 and my kids were all asleep, so we I had to put them away quickly and very quietly.

Here is the lowdown on what I got:

Minute Maid OJ $1.66, after $1 coupon
Smart Balance margerine $1.89, $1 coupon (this is the only kind of butter my food allergy daughter can have)
4 Whole Soy yogert $1 each on sale
3 Rice-A-Roni (for those quick nights), 66 cents each after sale and coupon
5 Chef Boy R Dee (my husband likes these for quick lunches) 80 cents each after sale and coupon
2 Kroger Dressing $1 each, (I buy italian to marinate chicken in)
Suave deoderant, free after coupon
2 Kroger buns, 50 cents each after sale and coupon
2 Private Selections Soymilk, $1.29 each after sale and coupon
1 Silk Soy milk, $1.99 after sale and coupon
3 Manwich, 66 cents each after sale and coupon
Riceworks snack, $1.69 after sale and coupon
3 Poweraids, 50 each after sale and coupon
1 Poweraid, free after coupon
1 G2 Gatoraide, free after coupon
Activia yogert 4-pack, 88 cents after sale and coupon
2 Birdseye frozen sweet corn, 50 cents after sale and coupon
1 Birdseye frozen sweet corn, 30 cents after sale and coupon
2 Cincinnati Chili Mixes $1.38 each
3 Hot Pockets (again, my husband likes these for lunch), $1.10 after sale and coupon
2 Kroger Chocolate chips $1.38 each
John Morrell hotdogs $1.25 each
Whole Wheat flour $2.94
5 lb pack of ground beef $8.00
Cantaloupe $1.28
Kroger green chilis 69 cents
chicken nuggets (for those quick nights) $3.99
Organic chicken $3.52 after coupon
Doritos (treat for older girls) $2.18
Fruit snacks $1 (treat for food allergy daughter)
Deli honey ham $6.08 (for kids lunches at school)
bananas $1.18

For a total of $52.12 after coupons and gift card I had. I usually do better than this at Kroger. I did however have to stock up on some soy items, which can be rather expensive. Not too bad.

You may have noticed that I have some not so healthy items, like Manwich, Chef Boy R Dee and the Rice-A-Roni. While I love to cook and bake from scratch as much as possible, I also realize that I do work 2-3 days a week. On those days I do cut myself some slack, I have to because I simply cannot do it all.

Is my "Eat From the Pantry" challenge a bomb? I don't think so. Mainly because it made me take stock of what I do have in my freezer and pantry. I wrote it down and now I know exactly what is in there and can continue to weed through those this month.

This post is linked to Super Saving Saturday and GCC Shopping Round Up.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous that you can shop so well for your family. Sometimes I wish they would put stuff we can eat on sale or at least offer a coupon! Good Job jJenny!

    ReplyDelete