Friday, January 8, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge



I have decided to do the Eat from the Pantry Challenge that Crystal from MoneySavingMom.com and  FishMama from LifeasMom.com.

This is a good time for me to do this as I have a huge problem. My problem is that even though I go to the store every week or every other week, I still feel the need to have 6 cans of greenbeans at a time, same with diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and corn! I am always stocked up.

Same with the freezer, If I have less than 4 pounds of ground beef, I am running low!

So here is a photo of my pantry (cereal is kept in another cabinet and we currently have about 10 boxes. So are the pretzel and chip type snacks, those are kept on top of my fridge.



Here is what is currently in my kitchen freezer:
1 whole turkey
5 pounds frozen skinless chicken breasts
3 boxes waffles
1 bag wheat germ
1 package frozen sandwigh things
2 packages of frozen homemade pizza dough
2 ham bones
3 freezer bags of Vinnie's pasta sauce
1 gallon bag of cut up onions
1 gallon bag of cut up green peppers
3 bags of stir fry vegetable
2 bags frozen broccoli
1 container of homemade chicken rice soup
1 container of taco soup
2 packages of goetta (made by my mom)
3 frozen OJ's
1 frozen apple juice
2 packages of bacon (turkey and regular)
2 frozen stir fry steaks

And in my overhead freezer in the garage refrigerator:
6 pounds ground beef
3 pounds ground turkey
3 quart size bags of stew meat
1 frozen peas
3 frozen burritos
3 zip loc bags of homemade pumpkin puree (in 2 cup portions)
1 package of egg/dairy free waffles
Ice cream bars--regular and soy
Ice cream--regular and soy
6 baggies of shredded zucchini in 2 cup portions
popsicles
1 bag frozen tilapia
4 turkey burgers
2 bags of black beans

So that is what I have in my freezers, it is too long of a list to tell you what I have in my pantry, but it is quite alot. I am hoping that this challenge forces me to come up with new recipes. I have been in a rut lately and feel like I keep making the same couple of recipes.

I have not been doing a good job of following my meal plan, with my back hurting I have been making easier recipes. Last night we had taco soup with homemade honey wheat bread. I made 2 small loaves and there were only 3 pieces left.

So tonight I put stew in my crockpot and was asked by my kids to make more of the honey wheat bread, this is definately a keeper. And of course, this is all from my pantry and freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment