Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Plan, Week of January 31


What a week, I am so glad it is over. I had a cold all week. On Wednesday my youngest daughter started to throw up, I was up all night with her. Only to get up Thursday and find out my son (10 months old) had thrown up during the night and went right back to sleep. It was EVERYWHERE.

Then Friday night around 8:30, my husband and oldest two daughters started with it, within a half hour of each other. So I am hoping for a week of no more sickness. We ate a lot of homemade chicken soup, crackers other bland, easy on the stomach stuff.

And yes, I did talk about vomitting in a post about food. For those moms out there, I know you don't mind.

So this week, I am hoping to get back to eating more substantial food. Here is what we have in store for this week.

Sunday: breakfast was hodgepodge as everyone woke up at varying times. Lunch was grilled cheese and dinner was lasagna with honey wheat bread.

For the week:

Breakfasts: cinnamon rolls, zucchine bread, lazy granola, Cheerios.

Lunches:  leftovers, salad, buttered noodles, sandwiches

Dinners: Roz's spaghetti, taco soup, haystacks, slowcooker BBQ chicken, pizza bake (in my new stoneware casserole dish) and leftovers

This week we only have choir and basketball practice, so not so busy. Plus, I only work 2 days this week so I am hoping to catch up on some baking for the freezer, some organizing and cleaning/decluttering.

However as I write this on Sunday evening, I am feeling really sick to my stomach. I am wondering if I am starting with what everyone else had. Well, atleast everyone else is on the mend now!

This post is linked to Menu Plan Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment