Friday, February 12, 2010

Homemade Lovey


I wanted to get something for my little man for Valentine's day. But he is so little, that any toys would be meaningless and candy was out of the question.

I thought that I could make a soft blanket for my son. He loves fleece blankets, and is always rubbing his face on them. He even has stolen one that my oldest daughter made with a kit at Christmas time.

I had meant to go to the fabric store and get some stuff to make the blanket. But with all the snow we have gotten in the last couple of days, going to the store for some fabric was not an option.

I remembered that I had these two fleece shirts that were in my pile for Goodwill. There was nothing wrong with them, just not something that I wore anymore. So I cut them up and used them for my fleece squares.

Then for the backing, I used one of my sons receiving blankets that we used to swaddle him in as an infant.

Take a look, I think it turned out adorable and I can't wait to give it to him onValentines's day.


It is the perfect size for him to snuggle.

This turned out to be a gift that didn't cost me anything but my time and effort. I love making things and I think my little man will love this.

This post is linked to Frugal Fridays.

1 comment:

  1. That looks beautiful and Drew is sure to appreciate it! I was thinking about making a no-sew fleece blanket for Henry too. How is he feeling today?

    ReplyDelete