Thursday, February 25, 2010

Homemade Noodles

When I was little growing up, my mom always made homemade noodles when we were having homemade soup. I remember we used to sneak the noodles that my mom would have drying on the table. My mom always cut them and let them dry for a while before adding them to the soup.

There is nothing better than homemade soup made with scratch noodles. Only her recipe was made with eggs and I cannot use eggs. So for the longest time I didn't make homemade noodles.

Then I found this recipe.

I made this the other day with leftover turkey. I added the gravy and the rest of the turkey stock, vegies and the homemade noodles (which I had precooked first).

Man was it delicious. Everyone loved it and really enjoyed the noodles. It was a great way to use up the leftover turkey.

That was until the dreaded stomach virus hit and everyone got to see it a second time. So it was requested by all that I don't make it again . . . for a long time. Good thing I don't have a turkey in my freezer.

I did have a photo but for the life of me, I cannot seem to find it in my folders!

This is not only a healthy alternative to store bought but it is super cheap. I personally don't think this pasta works for spaghetti dishes. However for turkey or chicken and gravy or for a soup, they are perfect.

This is linked to Frugal Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment