Monday, December 7, 2009

My Shephards Pie



I talked here about my love for leftovers and shephards pie is my go to recipe for using up left over mashed potatoes. Only I do not make it the way most people make it, I make it to appeal to our tastes and it is the easiest one you will ever make.


Here is what you will need:

1 lb ground beef
1 packet onion soup mix
1 can corn
1 can green beans
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes

Simply take a pound of hamburger and brown it with a packet of onion soup mix. Once that is browned, I simply mix in a can of green beans and a can of corn. This is also the recipe that I will use any green beans and corn that I had leftover in the freezer. I put that in a casserold dish and then spread out the mashed potatoes on top of the hamburger mixture. Sometimes I will sprinkle some paprika on top of the potatoes but they prefer it without. I bake for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. That is it! I told you it was simple.

We all love it, my girls get so excited when I make it.

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday and Ultimate Recipe Swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment