Monday, December 7, 2009

Menu Plan, Week of December 6



Sorry this is posted so late, but we got in late last night from our visit and then I worked today. I didn't have the forethought to have this ready and scheduled, I was too busy packing for 6 people to go on a trip, one being only 8 months old! Crazy how much stuff you need!

Wow, what a fun weekend we had visiting with our friends! We had a blast, it was cold up there but the dads and kids still managed to get in a nice walk on the walking path into the woods! And mine and their second oldest found the energy to dig for worms and shock them from their sleep into the freezing cold!

We had some wonderful food up there, including homemade tacos and some delicious pork shoulder that was flavored with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and if I remember correctly, orange marmalade, it was heavenly. Even my oldest daughter liked it, and that is quite a compliment.

So this week I have a ton of laundry and cleaning to catch up on. I am also going to try and get a start on wrapping gifts to put under the tree. And not to mention do some of my holiday baking.

Sunday, December 6--breakfast and lunch at friends house, then traveling on the road, ate sandwiches for dinner.

Weekly meals:

Breakfast--toast, sausage, cold cereal, pumpkin bread

Lunches--soup, sandwiches and leftovers

Dinners--Hamburgers and homemade french fries, barbeque slow cooker chicken with homemade buns and a vegetable, loaded baked potatoe night, homemade pizza, leftovers

I am really looking forward to making the homemade buns, I think my family will like them. I do not eat bread, I know, wierd. But I rarely eat it, it is a texture thing, it makes me gag. Unless it is sweet bread like pumpkin or zuchini or a dense bread that has been dipped in olive oil and spices. But to just eat a sandwich, yuck.

This post linked to Menu Plan Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment