Monday, October 26, 2009

October 25 Menu Plan




This is our first week of no soccer practice where I had to have dinner in a hurry, so I am looking forward to some nicer meals. This is a no pay week for me, so I only work two days, so on the days I am home, I will bake something and make a nicer meal from scratch.

Sunday, October 25
We have a birthday party for my nephew, so dinner will be quicker than usual today.
  • brunch with turkey bacon or sausage (whatever I have), pancakes and toast (no eggs due to the egg allergy)
  • steak, broccoli and ramen noodle stir fry
Work days I always cook quicker meals then usual. Here is my list of breakfasts, lunch and dinners for the week. And as a side note, all my recipes and meals are egg, dairy, treenut and peanut free, unless noted.
Breakfast--pumpkin muffins, spice muffins, waffles, cinnamon rolls, cold cereal, lazy granola (I make a batch of the muffins and grznola almost every week and then the girls just choose in the morning what they want for breakfast. Except for brunch and cinnamon roll days, then we all eat the same.

Lunches--some days the older two will buy at school, leftovers, sandwiches, homemade soup

Dinners
  • spaghetti with Grandma Vinnies sauce (this is my best friend's mom's recipe, it is the best I have ever had and makes enough for 3 meals for us and is my family favorite, I will see if I can share the recipe) and homemade breadsticks
  • baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gray and a vegetable. After we eat this, I will take the carcass and pick off the chicken that is left on it to save for the next night. I will put the carcass, garlic, drippings still in pan and leftover gravy and put it in a big stock pot. I will add about a gallon of water to it and cook it until boiling, then turn it down and let it simmer for an hour or so. This makes homemade chicken stock. This I freeze for future use.
  • leftover chicken mixed with barbeque sauce, vegie and rice
  • hamburger spanish rice and corn
  • homemade pizza and bread sticks
Depending on if anyone gets sick again, I might make homemade chicken soup with the frozen chicken stock.

Visit Orgjunkie for more menu ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment