Monday, January 10, 2011

Menu Plan, Week of January 9


Let me start off by saying I cannot believe that it is January 9th already. Seriously? Where does the time go?

I am trying to get in the saddle again with my menu planning. I used to menu plan two weeks worth at a time and it was such a money and time saver. Plus, I didn't have a lot of food waste because I worked my leftovers into my meal plan.

Working with a meal plan helps me a great deal since I work outside the home 2-3 days a week. I am able to know ahead of time what I need to thaw, cut up, prep or throw in the crock pot.

It is also nice to not have to hear "what's for dinner" 10 times a day since they just  have look at the menu plan to see what is scheduled for that day.

Here is what I have planned for this week.

Breakfasts: Belgium waffles(from the freezer), vegan sausage(me), homemade oatmeal packets, mint chocolate muffins and cold cereal thrown in there as well.

Lunches: leftovers, Raman noodles(my younger two love these, I however do not!), spicy black bean burgers with rice(me--a staple lunch for me), taco crescent rolls

Dinner:
Sunday--Shepherds pie made with leftover mashed potatoes
Monday--Spaghetti with meat sauce(freezer) and french bread(freezer)
Tuesday--Tacos
Wednesday--Fried Chicken(they requested this one again, the family loved it)
Thursday--Fried rice with chicken(leftover from night before, made extra for this purpose) and broccoli
Friday--homemade pizza pockets
Saturday--taco soup(basketball and soccer today right around dinner, so we will be eating in shifts)

The week is slow, we only have soccer and basketball practice for one child this week. Other than that we are home. Makes for nice warm evenings of homework and hanging out.

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment