Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Recipe of the Week--Hambuger Lo Mein and buns


This week we tried something that I got out of Mary Ostyns's book.




I love this book. It is filled with great recipes. This recipe we tried was for Hamburger Lo Mein. I changed it around just a tad based on what I had on hand in my pantry. But we loved it. It was very good.
 
You use Mary's homemade Terriaki sauce and it is to die for.
 
I would love to share the recipe with you but can't, as it isn't mine to share. But check out her book, you will find it plus much more in there. It is totally worth the price.
 
I made mine with homemade biscuits/buns though and I will share that recipe.
 
2 tsp yeast
2 tsp water
1/3 cup water
 
4 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/3 c water
1/3 cup oil
1/2 tsp vinegar
4 1/2 cups flour
 
Mix the first three ingredients and let sit for a few minutes. Then add the rest mix. Then kneed until soft and doesn't stick. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes. Punch down. Let rise for 30 more minutes. Shape into buns/biscuits and let rise another 2 hours, or the amount of time that you have on hand. Obviously if you let them rise completely they will be bigger. However I have been in a hurry and only let them rise for 30 minutes and they have been fine.
 

This recipe is linked to Tasty Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment