Monday, September 13, 2010

One of Those Days


Ever have one of those days where you feel like all you do is clean up messes?

Well, today was was of those days.

In a matter of 24 hours I had cleaned up my share of #2, vomit and broken glass.

I woke up to my son having gone #2 in his diaper. He loves to go in after it so of course it was on his hands and under his nails.

Then in the afternoon our Great Dane decided to go #2 in my front room. Thank goodness we have not replaced that carpet yet. It is still the ugly mauve carpet they had when we moved in. I not only had to clean that up really well, then scrub the areas. Now I have to rug scrub the whole room. For those of you that don't know, Great Danes can poop, A LOT.

My second oldest daughter spilled her apple juice on the kitchen floor. Which we all know you miss some and before you know it your feet are sticking to the floor.

I go upstairs to go into my bedroom and one of the dogs has thrown up half chewed grass. So another cleanup, and rug scrubbing.

Then my son, that is my 17 1/2 month old son snuck into his sisters room and brought down a snow globe. Then proceeded to drop it on the top glass part. Now I honestly thought that the people that made those for kids(this one was a Lion King one) made then out of some kind of indestructible product. Really I did. So you can imagine my surprise when this one shatters. I am happy to report that my son was not injured at all.

I had to first pick up the glass, then towel up the liquid that was inside. Did I mention this one had glitter instead of snow? Yeah, so glitter was sticking to everything!

Because of all the spills, etc. on my kitchen floor, I had to mop my floor. On my hands and knees of course.

I am so done with cleaning up messes.

It was one of those days where I had to remind myself that anything that I wanted to do had to be put on hold. I am a mom, so I had to simply put everything else down and mother my kids. Even if I wanted to look at the Sunday paper, work on my blog or simply drink my tea in peace. And that is okay, I will eventually get to do those things.

But right now my kiddos need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment