Friday, October 8, 2010

Egg and Dairy Free Brownies


I have been struggling for ever to find a egg and dairy free brownie recipe that was moist. They are always too dry or worse, they don't set at all and remain liquid.  I think on those I have the ratio of wet and dry ingredients off.

In addition to tasting great, I needed the recipe to be quick, not have too many steps and be frugal as well. Especially since brownies only last a day or two in my house!

I came across a recipe on the internet the other day that was labeled as a "vegan" brownie recipe. I altered it a slight bit so that it fit our needs.

I can honestly say this is the best one to date. It is pretty moist and doesn't have a horribly sweet chocolaty flavor. So they are very light. My daughter that doesn't like chocolate even liked them. So that is a plus. These brownies barely last a day when I make these.

This recipe is definitely a keeper. Tasty, fast and frugal!

2 cups flour
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir the dry ingredients together then add the wet. Mix until blended. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Cool and enjoy! I thought these tasted better the next day because I do not like my brownies warm. But that is a personal preference.

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment