Friday, March 5, 2010

Taking Care of Dust Mites -- Frugally


How many of you are alleric to dust mites? I think everyone in my family is.

But no matter how much you vaccuum and sweep, you really aren't doing anything to these little guys.

These guys are ugly, nasty and everywhere. Even those of you with the best cleaning abilities probably have dust mites.

My friend Jeannie turned me on to a very frugal alternative for treating these little guys.

You simply take 4 teabags, 3 cups of water and boil. Let it cool. Pour into a spray bottle.

I mist my carpet, pillows, furniture, mattresses, comforters, stuffed animals. You simply have to be somewhat careful because the tea can stain white or very light colors.

This totally works for me! And I have noticed a difference, which I love!

This post is linked to Frugal Friday.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this great tip my children have allergies and while we do use cleaners I like this

    ReplyDelete