Sunday, April 25, 2010

Declutter, Declutter, Declutter!

This time of year, I always get the urge to declutter, purge and to pitch! I honestly don't know where this stuff comes from. Because it seems like ever year I have a ton of stuff to donate.

This year however, I am doing it with gusto. This year we have another mission in mind. You see, we would like to move in the next year or so. So the more I purge junk, the less I have to organize and pack. But that isn't just it.

Our house isn't that big and we would love to double our house size when we move. But for the time being, there are six of us plus two dogs and two cats living here. So when things aren't put away where they belong, our house gets cluttered very quickly.

So I am going with the thought of 1. Do I use it. 2. Do I love it. 3. Does it bring me joy? If I answer now to any of these, then out it goes!

The frugal nature in me wants to keep things, just in case. But I have decided that if I haven't used it in the last year, I doubt I will in the future. Oh and I finally am getting rid of the clothes that are 4 sizes smaller than I am now. Who am I kidding? After 4 kids, my hips will never be that size again.

So, I am off, to find more things that I can donate, consign or pitch!

This is linked to Works for me Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. My church is having an attic sale this weekend and today I am taking over my second van load of things for them to sell. It feels so good to get rid of this stuff!

    ReplyDelete